Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies



Another long overdue post. I'm not sure when I baked these cookies but I think it was around last month. Didn't get the time to write up a proper post, and since I'm being so unproductive academic-wise tonight, I might as well be productive blog-wise :P

So, as you can tell from the title of this post, this recipe is about a cookie within a cookie. To be specific, an oreo cookie within a chocolate chip cookie. I first came across this idea from a really cute baking blog, Picky Palate. Every sweet tooth should really check this blog out! And really, the name of the recipe alone sounds fantastic - what's not to love about the idea of everyone's favourite sandwich cookie stuffed in a good old traditional chocolate chip cookie?

I still remember how these cookies came about. I was having a really bad day and I just had this overwhelming urge to bake. On the train home I suddenly thought of this recipe, and that I had a huge bag of mini oreos at home. The original recipe used normal-sized double stuffed oreos but I decided mini oreos could do too. I had to make two trips to two different supermarkets in a bid to find the cookie mix (the first supermarket I went to didn't stock it) but it was well worth it. No better therapy than baking, I say. My mood lifted the minute I plucked the box off the shelf. :)

These cookies are both ridiculously easy and ridiculously yummy. The recipe is a no-brainer - click on the link above for it! Basically, just follow the instructions on the box mix (I followed the original recipe and used Betty Crocker), then wrap up an oreo cookie with some cookie dough to make one proper stuffed cookie. As stated in the original recipe, remember to completely seal up your oreo cookie with the dough. It's a really cute surprise for your unsuspecting family and friends!

More notes: because I used mini oreos, I didn't use as much dough as the original recipe called for. I find that having two mini oreos within a cookie is much more satisfying than one. ;) Oh, and one more thing: sticking the dough into the fridge for a while helps - it hardens the dough slightly and makes it less sticky and easier to shape.

I'm having another bout of cookie craving already just looking through my old photos. Maybe it's time to whip up another batch? :P

Labels: , ,

0 COMMENTS
Written on Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 12:27 AM by huis

______