Chicken Salad with Yoghurt Dressing


Today I decided I was going to be virtuously healthy. I woke up early. I went swimming, and successfully swam 40 laps. (yay!) Then I headed to the neighbourhood supermarket to gather ingredients for a Superbly Healthy home-made salad.

It's still healthy even when you consume the entirety of a two-person share, right?

I am really pleased with my salad - I will not hesitate to state that it IS healthy. The only meat is chicken breast, boiled. Everything else is raw veggie or fruit. The dressing doesn't contain mayonnaise or anything too fattening - just yoghurt, honey and lemon juice. I will definitely make it the next time I crave a salad... but a smaller serving, perhaps! :)

Chicken Salad with Assorted Fruits/Veggies and Yoghurt Dressing

Ingredients
Around 2 small pieces chicken breast
1 green apple, cubed
Assorted lettuce (I used a bagful of ready-made assorted lettuce for salads. I forgot to note down the exact amount I used, but you can just use as much as you like!)
~10 cherry tomatoes

For the dressing
1 cup (around 100g) plain yoghurt - I may use more next time, though
~2 teaspoons honey
~2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice

Steps
Wash the chicken breasts and boil them until cooked. Cut into bite-sized pieces and set aside.

Wash and dry all the fruits and vegetables. Put into a giant mixing bowl! :)

Add the chicken breasts. Stir a bit and set aside.

Make the dressing - just combine the yoghurt, honey and lemon juice together until well-mixed. Pour over the salad and mix well.

Enjoy! Bon appetit! :)

Serves 2, or 1 giant appetite

Labels: , , , , ,

0 COMMENTS
Written on Monday, June 18, 2012 at 9:07 PM by huis

______